Updated on 2023-02-07
One of our most frequent requests from users is to tell them how to record music on iPhone while it is playing. While iPhone has the Voice Memo app to record audio from a microphone, user’s do not have the option to record internal audio (besides calls). In iOS 11 and later versions, the iPhone has a screen recording function to record screen, and that’s how most people record music on their devices. But there are other ways to record music on iPhone while it is playing, like using a third-party tool. Read on to find the most straightforward ways to record music on iPhone while playing in the background.
Part 1: Best Way to Record Music on iPhone Without Occupying Storage
While you can also record audio via iPhone audio recording, you can save a ton of space and ensure high-definition if you register it via the computer. Tools like Eassiy Screen Reorder Ultimate can help you do that and allow you to record music on your iPhone seamlessly.
Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate
Unlike most iPhone recorders, Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate allows you to capture on-screen iPhone activities with sound via the computer, saving tons of internal storage space on the iPhone. The powerful thing about a computer tool like Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate is its high-definition recording features that allow you to capture high-definition sound.
You can also include your own voice or instrumental sound via microphone if you are an audiophile with musical interests. While capturing from a microphone, Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate allows you to toggle options like limiting background interferences and enhancing microphone sound to ensure clear and crystal sound. You can access the recorded iPhone sound via the Recording History folder on the computer. And you can use advanced editing tools like a trimmer and audio manager to fine-tune your audio recordings and make them suitable for a professional environment.
Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate is a simple application that allows users of all skill levels to use the program seamlessly. Eassiy has social share options that enable you to share recorded and edited music on social media platforms like YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram.
Key Features of Eassiy iPhone Recorder Ultimate:
- Capture high-definition audio on the iPhone via computer.
- Incorporate your voice or instrumental sound via a microphone in the iPhone music recording.
- Advanced audio management system with options like enhancing microphone sound and limiting background interferences.
- Create personalized hotkeys and manage the iPhone music recording using hotkeys.
- Mirror and record iPhone Screen in 4K up to 60fps via Windows computer.
- Edit your audio recording using the trim, auto-split, and other editing tools in the Eassiy Screen Recorder.
- Save the iPhone audio recording on Windows.
- Share the iPhone screen recording to social channels directly.
- Audio Recorder only captures the iPhone’s system sound, microphone sound (or both simultaneously).
How to Record Music on iPhone with Eassiy (without occupying space)?
Arguably the best thing about Eassiy is its simplicity, you do not need any tutorial to record high-definition audio on iPhone with Eassiy. Still, here are the step-by-step instructions on how to use Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate.
Step 1. Download and install Eassiy on the Computer. And access the Preferences menu to tweak advanced audio Settings. To do this, click on the three horizontal bars from the top-right corner of the screen.
Under the Preferences menu,
- Choose Sound. From the right pane, choose the audio output format.
- You can also choose the Codec and audio quality in advance.
- Check the box assigned to Microphone noise cancellation. Plus, check the box assigned to Microphone enhancement.
- Click on OK to return to the Eassiy main interface.
You can also tweak other settings like Hotkeys for managing iPhone audio recording and so on via Preferences.
Click on Phone from the Eassiy interface. Click on iOS Recorder on the next screen.
Step 2. Mirror your iPhone.
Connect both iPhone and computer with the same Wifi network.
After mirroring the iPhone screen to the computer, click on Recording content to choose all the audio channels you want to record. Eassiy allows you to record only internal audio. Or record internal audio with a computer microphone or iPhone’s microphone itself.
Step 3. Capture audio on iPhone.
Click on Record button to start recording the internal audio on iPhone.
Click on the Stop or Pause button to end the audio recording on iPhone. Once the screen capture ends, it will be saved to the Recording History panel. That’s how straightforward it is to record audio with Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate on iPhone.
What are the Benefits of Using Eassiy for iPhone Audio Recording?
- Eassiy does not ask you to download any tool on the iPhone to record audio in high-definition.
- Advanced audio management tweaks allow you to record audio like a professional.
- Editing functions to remove unwanted parts from the audio recording.
- The audio is saved on the computer, so you can save internal storage space on the iPhone.
- Eassiy also allows you to record screen contents with audio of up to 4K quality. Even the built-in screen recorder on iPhone does not allow you to access some apps, but Eassiy permits you to record everything.
- Eassiy also has a dedicated Audio Recorder to capture high-quality music on the computer.
Things to Consider:
- You have to subscribe to Eassiy’s premium plans to record audio for more than 3 minutes. Nonetheless, the plans are affordable. So, you can subscribe without emptying your wallet.
Part 2: How to Record with Music on iPhone Without App?
As mentioned, iPhones running on iOS 11 and later versions have a built-in screen recording function. You can use this feature to record on-screen activities with internal audio playing, as well as incorporate microphone sound if necessary. By default, the screen recording function is not visible in the Control Center. So, you have to customize the Control Center options before being able to record audio and video using the screen recorder on your iPhone. Although simple to use, the significant problem is all the recordings are saved in the internal memory and occupy a large amount of space. That said, follow along to learn how to access the screen recorder on iPhone and use it to record audio on iPhone.
Here’s How to Record with Music on iPhone without any third-party application?
Step 1. Add the Screen Recording function on iPhone.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Control Center. (It is the first option in the third group on iPhone).
- Ensure to enable the Access within apps options. Access within apps means iPhone can record contents of an application like YouTube or SoundCloud.
- After enabling the option, click on Customize Top Level menu option.
- Go to More Controls.
- Click on the “+” icon to add the function to the Control Center.
- Now, you can find the Screen Recording option under the Included Controls menu.
Step 2. Start the audio recording on iPhone.
- Play the music that you want to record.
- Swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen to access Screen Recording from Control Center.
- Tap and hold the Record button (dot within a circle) to access the Microphone.
Note: Click on the Microphone to record both the internal sound and microphone. Leave it if you only want to capture the system sound. Ensure to turn on DND as it will prevent notification or uninterrupted audio recording.
Step 3. Once you start to record the audio on iPhone, you will see a Timer on the top-left corner of the screen. Click on the Timer to end the audio recording on iPhone.
That’s how to record audio on iPhone without any app. On one level, this sounds like a simple way compared to Eassiy. But when you account for the quality feature on Eassiy, the native function on iPhone will seem like a bad idea.
What are the Benefits of Using Native Tool for iPhone Audio Recording?
- You do not have to download any app on the iPhone.
- You can also include your own voice via microphone.
- You can use the built-in editing functions in the Photos app to edit the recording.
Things to Consider:
- Everything is saved on the iPhone itself, so it will consume space.
- The quality of the recording is not as substantial as Eassiy.
Part 3: How to Record Music on iPhone With Music Recording App?
Garageband is the best way to record internal audio on the iPhone. If you do not already know, Garageband is an Apple product, so as an iOS user, you do not have any premium price to use the application. In addition, Garageband includes instrumental and audio management system to mix, enhance sound, or add beats or audio effects in the recording. Needless to say, you can also include audio from external sources like your own sound or instrumental music playing in the background.
Here’s How to Record Music on iPhone With Music Recording App:
- Open GarageBand on your iOS device.
- Play the song that you want to record via Garageband.
- Click on the Record button in the Control Bar of Garageband.
- Click on Play to stop recording and mix it to your liking.
That’s how to use the Apple’s Garageband to record audio on iPhone.
All the methods to record music on iPhone while playing have their ups and down. Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate allows you to record audio in high-definition and save them on the computer (saving space on the iPhone). But you must pay its subscription. iPhone Screen Recorder does not offer high-quality sound and occupies space. And Garageband also saves the audio on the iPhone itself and occupies precious storage space on the iPhone. So, pick your choice and use the method that seems most suitable.