Ever felt the record screen on PC and Mac? But do not know how to screen record on PC? Well, fret not. This guide will inform you of the top and most reliable ways to screen record on PC and Mac devices. The list includes only three applications. But these three applications can be useful in recording any type of content.
Online tutors can record instruction-based video lessons and online tutorials. Industry experts can screen record presentations and uniquely present them to colleagues. Plus, gamers can record their gameplay with voiceover and webcam overlay and share them with their friends, fans, and followers. That said, scroll down to find the top and most reliable ways to screen record on PC and Mac devices.
Part 1: Record on PC With High Quality (Recommended)
Eassiy is known for its wide range of utility apps for Windows and Mac devices. Guess what’s Eassiy also includes a Screen Recorder in its toolset. You can download Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate as a separate utility and use it to screen record on PC and Mac for free.
Coming to essential features, Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate allows you to record custom sections of the screen or the entire screen. You can preset the video quality and record in up to 4K quality. You can highlight important points in the recording. Plus, there are really advanced options like scheduling a screen recording, recording multiple things simultaneously, and more.
Moreover, you will find options to save the output files in any format of your choice, as Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate supports all major multimedia containers.
- Record specific sections or the entire screen. Record only audio or webcam.
- Efficiently and professionally record gameplay without lag.
- Record HD tutorial videos with webcam and audio.
- Effortlessly record locked windows even when you're running other programs without any complication.
- You can schedule recordings. You can also specify the end time of the scheduled recording to stop it automatically and save the file in high quality.
- Improve the efficiency of screen recording using highly advanced custom recording and screenshot keys.
- Record iPhone screen or Android phone screen on computer
How to Use Eassiy Screen Recorder to Record on PC?
Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate presents a simple-to-use user interface that makes it easy for tech neophytes to record the screen quickly and efficiently. Moreover, the highly customizable nature of the software allows anyone to set up hotkeys and really ease the recording process.
Launch the Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate program on the computer. You will see some basic controls. You can modify these default settings to preset future recordings.
Note: You can set up hotkeys and configure advance options like show mouse cursor or not, and more from the Preferences tab. Just configure the settings as per need and save the settings.
- The program will start recording the entire screen if you have chosen the Full option.
- The program will ask you to adjust the screen if you have chosen the Custom option.
- Once you start the recording, you can press the Camera icon to capture a screenshot.
- Once you stop the recording, you can access the recorded file, audio, as well as screenshots from the Recording History panel.
- You can also share the multimedia files or save them to the local storage (in another folder).
That’s how to record the screen on PC and Mac devices using Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate. As mentioned, the software is available to download for free and includes all the basic recording tools in the free version. Nevertheless, if you are looking for advanced options, you can always update and get your hands on the best screen recording features out there.
Part 2: Record on PC Without Third-Party Software
Eassiy’s Screen Recording is an exceptional tool that meets all user requirements. This means there is no need to look at another tool once you have Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate on your device.
Still, some of you might be looking for native tools on Windows and Mac to record from the PC screen. That is why we have outlined two native ways: one for Windows using Xbox and one for Mac using QuickTime to screen record on PC.
1. QuickTime for Mac
QuickTime is a native tool on Mac devices for viewing multimedia files. And although its primary use is to play multimedia files, like videos, images, and audio, it includes some basic editing tools like video cutting, recording screen and audio, and more.
Unlike some of the previous versions of QuickTime, there is no option to install the tool on Windows devices anymore. Nonetheless, this guide on screen recording for PC also includes a tool to screen record on PC Windows 10.
But now, let’s look at how to record your screen on Mac devices using QuickTime.
Key Features of QuickTime:
- You can stream multimedia files, like video, image, and audio content.
- You can also share the multimedia files directly on social media channels like Facebook and Instagram.
- QuickTime includes basic video editing features like cutting, trimming, and merging audio and video files.
- QuickTime Player includes an option for screen recording on a PC or Mac and saves the output in any format and quality.
Here’s how to record screen on Mac devices using QuickTime Player:
QuickTime Player comes pre-installed on Mac devices, so there is no need to download any tool. Windows users can download some previous versions, like QuickTime 5.0, for Windows and PC screen recording.
Step 1. Navigate to Finder from the bottom of your screen. After opening Finder, choose Applications from the left pane. Double-click on QuickTime Player from the right pane to open the tool. (You will have to locate the QuickTime Player from the dock).
Step 2. Within QuickTime Player, click on File. Click on New Screen Recording within the file option.
Step 3. You will see a “New Screen Recording” window with a red button. Click on the red button to start recording the screen. (Note: To record sound (internal sound), click on the down carrot located next to the red button. From the drop-down option, click on Internal Microphone).
Step 4. Click on the Recording button to start the recording. To record the entire screen, simply click on any part of the screen. To record a specific section of the screen, drag the box to the desired section that you want to record on the screen.
Step 5. To stop the recording, click on the greyed floating icon on the screen. Clicking on the floating icon will stop the recording. Once you stop the screen recording, you will have to save it. Type in a name, choose the desired location to save the files and click on Save.
There you go! QuickTime Player makes it convenient for anyone to record from the Mac screen without installing any third-party tool. That said, let’s learn how to record screen PC and Windows device using Xbox.
2. Xbox Game Bar for Windows users
Xbox Game Bar was introduced in Windows 10 to allow games to screen record on PC. Needless to say, you can record any screen video on a PC using the tool. However, for Xbox Game Bar to work, your computer must support either of these encoders: Intel Quick Sync H.264, Nvidia NVENC, or AMD VCE encoders.
The good thing is almost all Windows computers come with these encoders. However, if the app is not working, this might be a significant reason. Coming to the controls of the Xbox Game Bar, all the options are clear, and anyone with the familiarity with the icons for recording, pausing, and sound can record the screen conveniently.
- The app allows the users to upscale their recording up to 4K quality.
- Customize keyboard shortcuts to screen records on a PC using just keys.
- Link your Twitter account and share your recorded clips directly.
- Copy the link from the Widgets menu and share the link with your friends and family.
Here’s how to record your screen on PC using Xbox Game Bar:
Xbox Game Bar is prebuilt into Windows 10 and 11. So, there is no need to install the app from Microsoft Store. However, some previous versions of Windows 10 might not include the app. To install the application, simply download the tool from Microsoft Store.
Step 1. Enable the Windows Xbox Game Bar tool. Open Settings on Windows 10 or 11. (You can press Win+I to open Settings). In the search field, search for Xbox Game Bar. Once you locate the option, click on Xbox Game Bar. Click on the switch (from left to right) to enable Xbox Game Bar.
There are other options for Narrator, Chatting with friends, and so on. You can enable or disable the functions as per need.
Step 2. Click on Win+G to open the Xbox Game Bar. Click on the record icon (the white dot in the image) to start the recording. Or you can press Win+Alt+R to start screen recording via keyboard shortcuts. Click on the microphone option to enable or disable the internal sound recording. There are also parameters to choose how much sound you want in the video. (Move the sliders to the right to record the video with full sound and vice versa).
Step 3. Click on the Pause button to stop the recording. Or you can press Win+Alt+R to stop the screen recording via keyboard shortcuts. Once you stop the recording, you will see a notification informing, “Game clip recorded.”. The video will save automatically in the Captures folder within File Explorer. (You can navigate to File Explorer>Videos>Captures manually).
Windows Xbox Game Bar also includes tons of controls and features to control the recording in multiple ways during live recording. Of course, we do not have the time to discuss all the functions here. Nevertheless, you can figure them out on your own after accessing it from the Setting toggle of the Xbox Game Bar.
Advantages and Drawbacks of using a native tool to screen record on PC and Mac devices:
This article already outlines the best tool to screen record on PC and Mac devices, i.e., Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate. Nevertheless, some users requested us to include native tools in the previous tutorial.
However, there are some drawbacks that you have to consider before using the native tool to record screens on PC and Mac devices.
Benefits of Using Native tools to record screen on PC and Mac:
- There is no need to install these tools as QuickTime Player is available on every version of macOS.
- The same is the case with Xbox Game Bar; the tool is already available on newer Windows OS versions, i.e., Windows 10 and Windows 11.
- Both Xbox Game Bar and QuickTime Players makes it very simple for an average user to screen record on PC and Mac.
- You can save the screen recording on PC and Mac in any format you want.
- There is also a social sharing option on both of these tools to share the recorded files with friends online.
Drawbacks of Native tools to record screen on PC and Mac:
- There is no dual recording option in QuickTime Player as well as Xbox Game Bar.
- While Xbox Game Bar allows users to upscale the recording up to 4K quality, QuickTime Player will screen record the video in moderate quality (up to 1080p).
- The recordings are stored locally on the devices. And you will have to upload it to the cloud manually.
- There are no advanced features like Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate to make the recording look more professional.
Part 3: FAQs
1. Can I Record PC With Audio Using Free Apps?
Yes. There are tools to record PC screens with audio using free apps. Two such applications are included in this guide. The QuickTime Player in the guide allows Mac users to record video on the screen conveniently.
At the same time, Xbox Game Bar is a native tool on Windows 10 and 11 that allows Windows users to record the screen conveniently.
2. What's The Best Way To Record a PC?
Hands down, Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate is the best tool to record screens on PC and Mac devices. The tools come with advanced screen recording features like locking the gameplay, schedule recording, and more — that eases up the process of recording video on PC and Mac devices. The tool is available for free and includes all the option that QuickTime Player and Xbox Game Bar offer.
3, How Can I Record PC With Audio?
You can download Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate from its official page and record the screen on a PC with audio. The tool is available to download for free. However, when it comes to using some advanced options, you will have to purchase a lifetime license.
This guide includes the three best ways to record screens on PC and Mac devices with audio. As promised at the beginning of the guide, there is also a tutorial on how to screen record on PC and Mac. As apparent, Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate is the best way to record screens on PC and Mac. The tool comes laden with tons of features, and most of the features are free to use. So, if you are someone who wants to record the screen frequently, download the tool now. At the same time, QuickTime Player and Xbox Game Bar come with basic recording features. But they are suitable for one-time recorders.