Updated on 2024-01-05
You've come to the right place if you're looking for 4K/8K video converters to upgrade your low-resolution videos from 720p and 1080p to 4K! We'll introduce you to the top 5 4K video converters in this blog post, which will not only make the process simple but also produce high-quality results. We offer a wide range of video converters, from expensive professional models to affordable ones. In order to help you make an informed choice, we will also go over the characteristics, benefits, and drawbacks of each converter. So let's get going!
How Does 4K Video Converter Work?
A 4K video is one that has a standard resolution of 2160 pixels in height and 3840 pixels in width. The dimensions of this video are four times wider and twice as tall as those of 1080p Full HD video. The pixel density of Ultra HD is eight times that of Full HD, so you could also refer to it as Ultra HD resolution. They take up a lot of room because they are high definition videos. Due to the larger file format, they are also very challenging to edit or share.
A 4K video converter is a straightforward piece of software that can "upgrade" a lower resolution video, such as a 1080p file, to a 4K video. By doing this, you can avoid the hassle of having to edit the video again using a programme like Eassiy video converter ultimate.
Why You Must Have A 4K Video Converter?
Your old videos will appear grainy and pixelated if you try to watch them on a computer or 4K TV. Additionally, you might want to post your videos to streaming services like YouTube or share them on social media. Without a 4K conversion, your video will look terrible and no one will want to watch it. Additionally, it is not advised to upload a low-resolution video to YouTube because it will take up a lot of space and be challenging to view.
The quickest and easiest way to convert your older videos to 4K is with a 4K video converter. Your videos will become higher quality and more aesthetically pleasing as a result. If you are a YouTuber and have a lot of older videos, it is also a great tool. They will look much better and be more appealing to your subscribers once they have been converted to 4K.
5 Best 1080P to 4K/8K Video Converters in 2024
Here, we've gathered 5 effective 4K/8K video converters that will enable you to upscale any 720p or 1080p videos to 4K/8K. Let's look into them.
|Supported HD Formats
|Eassiy Video Converter Ultimate
|Annual Plan: $39.99; Perpetual Plan: $55.99
|Support 8K/5K/4K/1080P and other 1000+ video formats.
|60X faster; GPU acceleration; Multi-coreprocessor optimization
|Best for vloggers, video producers, movie lovers with 20+ multimedia tools.
|WonderFox HD Video Converter Factory Pro
|Free to try and $54.95 Lifetime License
|8K/4K/1080P/720P/480P conversion full control and 500+ format and preset options.
|A real time saver 50X faster video conversion speed
|Trim videos with ease, cut videos, merge videos, clip videos, crop videos and more.
|TalkHelper 4K Video Converter
|Free trial available and $29.95 per user license
|DV, MXF, OGG, WEBM, any 4K video format and more.
|200+ outputs, 100% lossless quality, 30X faster conversion speed.
|Edit videos with trimming, cropping, adding watermark, editing subtitles.
|Freemake Video Converter
|Free Download and $59.95 for a lifetime license
|MP3, MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, 3GP, or other file formats.
|Supports 4X conversion speed
|Custom watermarks to videos, get Full HD support, convert videos from URLs, and more
|Free to use
|Supports MP4, MKV, WebM file containers
|Encoding at 4x real time.
|Constant Quality or Average Bitrate Video Encoding.
#1. Eassiy video converter ultimate
Eassiy Video Converter Ultimate is a complete multimedia programme with the majority of tools available. You can use these tools to make, edit, view, and share a variety of multimedia file types, including video, audio, GIFs, images, MVs, ID3 subtitles, and so on. Eassiy Video Converter Ultimate is a must-have tool for anyone who creates videos, enjoys movies and music, shares videos at home, is a student, or vlogs.
- 20+ multimedia tools for video conversion, editing, compression, MV creation, collage creation, and more.
- Utilise a 60X faster video conversion speed to convert videos to HD, 4K, and up to 8K resolution.
- 1000+ video or audio formats supported, with batch conversion.
- Video can be combined, cropped, and edited. Effects, watermarks, and subtitles can also be added.
- Convert HD/4K/5K/8K videos without losing quality.
- Compress HD/up to 8K videos without loss video quality.
#2. WonderFox HD Video Converter Factory Pro
The WonderFox Free HD Video Converter Factory app is completely free. You can use it to change the format of any video from a long list of options, including the most popular formats, and enjoy it. The application prevents video size and colour distortions, ensuring that the final file looks exactly like the original and is always optimised to use the least amount of storage space. You can convert these audio files into ringtones for iOS and Android phones using a built-in feature. Each video can even be edited by selecting which segments to keep and applying simple filters.
- All video formats, including MP4, MKV, MOV, H265, and 264 are supported.
- Video can be easily converted to 8K and 4K resolutions.
- Downscaling or compressing 4K videos to 2K, 1080p, or 720p while maintaining high quality.
- Provide pre-configured output profiles for devices like YouTube, iPhone, LG TV, Samsung TV, and more.
- The highest conversion rate is supported by hardware acceleration and unique lightning mode.
- Support for batch mode.
- Only compatible with Windows
#3. TalkHelper 4K Video Converter
The best offline set up for converting 4K videos on a Windows computer is TalkHelper 4K Video Converter. With the help of this free download tool, you can downscale 4K videos to fit on more devices and upscale low-res videos (360P, 480P, HD 720P, and Full HD 1080P) to 4K Ultra HD. Additionally, TalkHelper Video Converter offers optimised profiles that enable you to convert 4K videos with a single click, so you don't need to change many settings. TalkHelper has a unique copy function that enables you to convert a 4K video file from one format to another while maintaining the video's quality. By doing this, you can make the video available to a wider audience.
- Any device or platform, including Samsung, Xiaomi, Apple, iPhone, Sony PSP, Xbox, Google Android, and more, can use it to convert 4K videos.
- There are no restrictions on the size or length of the 4K video files you can convert with this tool.
- It enables you to convert 4K videos into a number of different file types, including MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, WMV, DVD, and MP3.
- To ensure support for 4K playback on the target device, it supports well-known codecs like H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, and MPEG-4.
- You can use it to download and convert 4K videos from a variety of well-known websites, including Dailymotion, Vimeo, and YouTube.
- The speed of conversion is relatively slow.
- Quite a challenging user interface
#4. Freemake Video Converter
One well-designed application, Freemake Video Converter, combines video editing and conversion. It has an appealing design, lots of file types that it supports, and a simple but enjoyable video editing tool. There aren't many issues with this application.
- It supports all of the common formats in addition to a few uncommon unprotected formats.
- It successfully balances customization and usability.
- Each feature is self-explanatory, making it simple for a novice to understand the tool as soon as they use it.
- For a variety of devices, it uses ready format settings.
- It converts data quickly thanks to hardware acceleration.
- Slow ripping
- It will watermark your video
- It contains ads
HandBrake is the only completely free video conversion software on the list. It is open source and can be downloaded for Windows, MacOS, and Linux. Unlike some other free tools, you will not be prompted to install additional software when downloading the software. You won't get a sleek and modern interface like you would with most completely free tools, and there is a small learning curve when you first use it. However, the HandBrake video converter can handle a wide range of tasks. There are many editing options available, and the video output quality is surprisingly good for a free tool. You must be patient because conversion times are often lengthy. There are a plethora of preset profiles for various devices, and more than a dozen output formats are supported, though not as many as most paid tools.
- Free and open source software
- High calibre results
- Multiple editing options
- Ad free environment
- Not very friendly to users
- Slow pace conversion
You can find a list of the top 5 4K/8K video converters in this blog post. Pick your favourite and give it a go right away! Please let us know in the comments if you can recommend any other 4K/8K video converters!