Do you want to get the on-screen activities of the iPhone screen to the TV or Mac? If you have an iPhone or iPad, it is really simple to screencast from your phone to a TV or Mac conveniently. All iPhones, iPads or iPod Touch running on iOS 11.4 or newer have built-in AirPlay. You can use AirPlay to screencast the iPhone to a device connected to the same WiFi network. Of course, there’s much more to it.
So, scroll down to learn how to screencast iPhone screen to Mac, TV, and Windows computer. Also, discover the specific requirements for being able to screencast the iPhone screen to the TV, Mac, and Windows computer.
Part 1: Screencast iPhone to TV/Mac With Airplay
All iPhones, iPads, and iPod Touch running on iOS 11.4 or later can seamlessly stream the on-screen activities to their Mac devices or TVs. To be able to screencast iPhone to Mac, your Mac must run on macOS Catalina or later. Or you can also screencast the iPhone to Mac devices with iTunes 12.8 or later installed on them.
The same is the cast regarding screencasting the iPhone screen to TV. You can easily stream the on-screen activities to Apple TVs running on tvOS 11.4 or later versions. If your Smart TV is from another brand, it must support AirPlay. For instance, if you are using a Sony Smart TV, ensure that its screen, speakers, and receivers work with AirPlay.
Here’s How To Screencast iPhone to a Mac or TV:
Note: Ensure that the iPhone, Mac, or TV is connected to the same WiFi network.
- Swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen to access the Control Center options.
- Tap on the Screen Mirroring option.
- Choose the device's name from the AirPlay list to which you want to mirror the iPhone screen.
Once you select the Mac device from the AirPlay list, the iPhone screen can be viewed on the computer screen within a few seconds.
You can follow the same steps to mirror the iPhone screen to a TV that supports AirPlay.
Part 2: Record and Screencast iPhone to Windows
Apple’s AirPlay makes it really straightforward when you want to screencast an iPhone to a Mac or a TV. However, you will have to take the help of a third-party application like Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate to screencast iPhone to a Windows computer.
Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate
Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate is essentially a video capture tool that allows you to mirror the iPhone screen in up to 4K resolution with crystal-clear sound. Just like the AirPlay, you can mirror the on-screen activities to the Windows computer with system sound. But instead of just screencasting the activities, you can also capture them in high-definition and choose to include voiceovers in the video recordings.
For sound, Eassiy includes an advanced audio management system that allows you to manage the sound levels of internal iPhone sound and microphone sound when screencasting it to the computer. Furthermore, Eassiy also includes a video editing suite to fine-tune your video recordings and remove unwanted parts from them. So, in case you are looking for more than a mirroring tool and a way to create online tutorials, video lessons, or business presentations on your iPhone, Eassiy can serve you in that regard too.
Above all, Eassiy, like the AirPlay feature discussed above, is really simple to use, so you do not have to go through any learning curve in order to learn how to use it to screencast iPhone to a Windows computer.
Key Features of Eassiy Phone Recorder:
- Mirror your iPhone screen in high-definition (up to 4K) via Screen Mirroring.
- There is no need to download any tool on the iPhone.
- Include both iPhone internal sound and microphone sound (via iPhone or Computer microphone) for voiceover when screencasting the iPhone.
- Advanced audio management system allows you to manage sound levels during live screen casting.
- Limit background interferences and enhance microphone sound for clear and smooth audio.
- Access real-time annotation tools like pen, highlighter, airbrush, paint tools, arrows, and text editor.
- Incorporate stamps, logos, or watermarks in your iPhone Screen Recordings.
- Create hotkeys and manage the iPhone screencast to Windows computer using a keyboard shortcut.
- Record the iPhone on-screen activities and save them on the computer.
- Edit the video recordings using trim, auto-split, audio management, and more tools.
- Share the edited videos with the rest of the world via social media channels.
How to Screencast iPhone to Windows with Eassiy?
Just like AirPlay makes it seamless to screencast the iPhone to the Mac and a TV (which supports AirPlay), Eassiy makes it straightforward to screencast the iPhone screen to the Windows computer. There is no learning curve. Even the least tech-literates can follow these steps conveniently and screencast iPhone to Windows seamlessly.
Step 1. Download the Eassiy program on the windows computer.
Download and install Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate on your windows computer.
Step 2. Screencast iPhone to Windows Computer.
On the main interface of Eassiy Screen Recorder, click on Phone. You will see two options on the next screen: click on iOS Recorder.
Step 3. Mirror the iPhone to the Windows computer.
- Connect both iPhone and computer with the same Wifi network.
- Scroll down from the top-right to access the Control Center.
- Click on Screen Mirroring on the iPhone screen. Select Eassiy under the Screen Mirroring options.
This will mirror the iPhone’s screen to the Windows computer. You must now see the iPhone’s on-screen activities on the Eassiy application on the computer. Eassiy also allows you to change the resolution of the stream and gives you dedicated toggles to control the audio levels.
That’s how to screencast an iPhone screen to a Windows computer using Eassiy. But, as mentioned, Eassiy also allows you to record the iPhone screen and is not just limited to Screen mirroring.
Here’s How To Screencast iPhone and Record the screen:
Step 1. After connecting both iPhone and computer to the same WiFi network, you will have screencast the iPhone to the Eassiy program successfully.
Assign a recording quality and choose which speakers to record and include in the video. You can choose from iPhone system sound, PC speakers, iPhone’s microphone, and so on.
Step 2. Record the iPhone’s Screencast.
- Click on the Record button to start recording on-screen activities on your iPhone.
- Click on the Stop or Pause button to end the recording.
You can access the recording via the Recording History panel in the Eassiy program itself. All the recordings are saved on the computer, so you do not have to worry about space. Plus, you can use the editing options to curate the recording professionally.
There you go! The two best ways to screencast iPhone to TV, Mac, and Windows computer are listed. As promised, all the steps are carefully explained so even beginners can follow the guide and seamlessly screencast the iPhone to the computer. When screencasting the iPhone to a TV or Mac, you can use the AirPlay function in iPhone to stream its content to the big screen. But given the limitations of not being able to stream the iPhone screen to a Windows computer, you have to take the help of Eassiy to screencast the iPhone to a Windows computer.
However, it is to be noted that Eassiy is much or less the same as the AirPlay function on TVs and Macs. It does not require installing any tool on the iPhone and allows you to stream the contents in up to 4K resolution with clear sound. Not to mention, Eassiy also allows you to record the content and save it on the computer, making it a superior alternative to AirPlay.