YouTube has some strict copyright laws, which forbid you from bluntly recording YouTube videos and distributing them with the intent to make money. But YouTube does allow you to use bits and fragments from YouTube videos for educational and creative purposes. So, you can use YouTube videos to comment on them, teach something, discuss research findings, or criticize the video.
And that’s why you should always opt for a YouTube recorder instead of a YouTube downloader, given a YouTube downloader bluntly copies the video, leaving no room to add your comments or criticize them. At the same time, a YouTube recorder allows you to record bits and fragments of YouTube videos while allowing you to add your creativity to make something awesome.
That said; in this guide, you will learn how to record YouTube videos on Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android, and Online. Some of these tools also include a dedicated YouTube editor to make the editing simple and easy and make the content monetizable on YouTube or other platforms.
Part 1: How to Record A YouTube Video on PC
Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate is your one-stop solution to record YouTube on Windows or Mac. There is a plethora of tools that allow you to record YouTube videos, but Eassiy is one of the rare ones that make the job efficient and straightforward. There is something about its modern and clean interface that makes it easy for even a tech-neophyte to record YouTube screens easily.
On the main interface of Eassiy, you will find Video Recorder, Audio Recorder, Game Recorder, and lots of other tools like webcam, snapshot, and more. So, not only you can record videos on YouTube, but you can also capture YouTube music without video (saving a ton of space).
Focusing on its Video Recorder, Eassiy allows you to capture the screen in full screen, customize the recording, or even lock YouTube to record interruptedly. You can capture HD videos up to 120fps. Not only this, but Eassiy also lets you include webcam footage from the rear camera along with the YouTube recording. The same goes for audio; along with the system audio, you can also include microphone sound.
But audio options don’t end there. The advanced technology of Eassiy lets you limit background interferences while enhancing microphone and system sound as needed. In addition, the quality of the audio remains pristine and clear, so the original audio quality of the YouTube video will be unaffected.
Returning to the live recording options, Eassiy incorporates a full-fledged annotation tool to draw on the YouTube videos as your recording. This makes it simple for you to highlight the contents of a YouTube video, especially if you are creating a tutorial or comment video. You can also capture a live screenshot during YouTube recording. There is also a sophisticated Screenshot tool within Eassiy that expands the possibilities of capturing a snapshot. For context, it lets you snap a scrolling screenshot.
But the best part of Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate is its advanced tools like Follow Mouse Recording (follows the mouse and records the selected area), Around Mouse Recorder, Lock Window recorder, and many more. Additionally, you can create custom keyboard shortcuts and use them to manage everything using hotkeys only.
- Record YouTube Video as desired: full-screen YouTube recording, custom size YouTube recording, record only the YouTube window, or even lock the YouTube window.
- Webcam overlay: use different shapes like oval, rectangular, and other shapes for webcam overlay on YouTube video recording.
- Lock Window: Support advanced technology that allows users to record only YouTube videos without any interface using the Windows recorder.
- Manage the Audio: include external and internal sound for voiceover in the YouTube video recording.
- Limit Background interferences: use audio editing tools to level up the external or internal sound, clean the audio, and limit white noises.
- Personalize the YouTube recording: use custom-themed watermarks and stamps to brand the recording.
- Edit the YouTube recording in real-time: draw over the recordings during live recording or post-production.
- Take a screenshot during live YouTube recording: take a screenshot while screen recording, full screenshot, and more.
- Customize keyboard shortcuts for efficient workflow during YouTube recording.
- Advanced options like Around Mouse Recording, Follow Mouse Recording, and more.
- Scheduled Recording: Create a schedule to automatically record activities like YouTube live streams, sports events, and lots more on a PC screen without necessarily being in front of your PC.
- Auto-stop: Automatically stop screen recording operation without clicking any button.
- A simple and clean user interface lets advanced, and hobbyists work alike.
- Save the YouTube video in any format, including MP4, GIF, WMV, AVI, MOV, MKV, FLV, MPEG, etc.
How To Record YouTube Videos on PC or Mac Using Eassiy?
You can use the Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate to record YouTube videos on both Mac and Windows. Rest assured, the simple user interface of Eassiy makes it easy for anyone to record YouTube videos seamlessly.
Step 1. Download and Install the Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate program on your Mac or Windows.
- On the main screen, click on the three horizontal lines at the top-right corner. And choose Preferences.
- You can skip this step if you do not want to customize the settings and move directly to the screen recording the YouTube.
Step 2. Customize the Settings.
- Choose the Output parameters for YouTube recording.
- Define Sound settings.
- And click on Mouse settings to define the cursor color. Or, you can even make it invisible.
- Then there are Hotkeys to create custom keyboard shortcuts to manage the YouTube recording efficiently.
- And so on.
Click OK to save the Settings for YouTube recording.
Step 3. Choose Video Recorder on the main screen. And define the YouTube recording parameters.
- You can choose to record the YouTube in full screen, customize the recording area, or choose other advanced recording options like Around the mouse, Follow the mouse, Lock and record window, and so on.
- You can also manage the sound levels from the system and microphone.
- Plus, you can turn the webcam on/off.
Step 4. Click on the Rec button to start recording the YouTube. Once the recording starts, you can use the edit options to annotate the recording during live recording and even capture screenshots by clicking on the Camera icon while recording YouTube.
Step 5. Click on the Stop icon to stop the YouTube recording. (You can also use the custom-created keyboard shortcuts to stop the recording.
Step 6. Preview and edit the YouTube recording. After saving the recording, Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate allows you to trim or adjust the audio volume of the YouTube recording.
That’s how simple it is to record YouTube videos using Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate. There are even other advanced functions within Eassiy, like a Schedule recorder to you to start and end the YouTube recording automatically. And so on.
Part 2: How to Record YouTube Video on Mac - QuickTime
Apple’s native multimedia player comes with many additional tools that most users do not bother to look at, but QuickTime Player is not limited to playing multimedia content alone. QuickTime also includes recording and editing tools that can help you record YouTube videos decently.
QuickTime Player allows you to record the entire Mac screen, customize the recording area, as well as include system and microphone sound in the recording. Be that as it may, QuickTime Player functionality is limited to only recording the Mac screen with sound. There aren’t any advanced features like managing sound levels, real-time annotation, and many more functions that come with third-party tools like the Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate. In all, QuickTime is a decent app for recording YouTube videos, but it is in no way a competitive tool that can help you capture YouTube videos for professional environments.
- Record the entire Mac screen or customize the recording area.
- There are some basic video editing options like trimming, rearranging, rotating, and more.
- QuickTime allows you to share the video directly to social channels like YouTube, Facebook, and Vimeo.
- You can use the Keyboard shortcut to trigger the QuickTime recording tool, i.e., Shift+Command+5.
Here’s How to Record YouTube Videos Using QuickTime Player?
Step 1. From the Finder, choose Applications. And choose QuickTime Player from the right pane.
Step 2. Double-click on the QuickTime Player to open the program. Under the File menu, choose New Screen Recording to start the YouTube recording.
Step 3. A Screen Recording window will pop up as soon as click on the New Screen Recording option. Click on the down arrow on the Screen Recording pop-up.
Step 4. Select the down arrow button next to the Recording button to customize the YouTube recording. QuickTime Player allows you to choose the options like including internal sound and more. You can also opt to include Mouse Clicks in the YouTube Recordings.
Step 5. Specify the recording area for YouTube. You can either select the entire screen or specific YouTube area. Click on the red button to start the YouTube recording.
Step 6. Select the Stop button to stop the YouTube video recording.
Step 7. Click on File. And choose Save to save the YouTube video recording.
As mentioned, QuickTime Player does not offer many features as Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate. Still, it presents a simple way to record YouTube videos. So, it all comes down to need. And that is, if you want to screen record YouTube for a professional environment, it is better to utilize third-party tools like Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate.
Part 3: How to Record YouTube on iPhone
iPhone, well the iOS 14 and later version, includes a built-in screen recorder that lets you capture anything on your iPhone with ease. You can later save the recordings to the Photos app and edit them using built-in editing functions in the app. However, you have to activate the Screen Recorder to access from Control Center. Don’t worry; the later steps in the guide will show you how to record YouTube videos on your iPhone.
- A native tool on the iOS 14 and later versions, so you do not have to download any tool.
- The screen recordings get saved to the Photos app.
- You can use the built-in editing functions to edit the YouTube recording.
- It allows you to record your microphone sound.
How To Record YouTube Videos on PC or Mac Using iPhone Built-in Screen Recorder?
Step 1. Open Settings on the iPhone.
- Within Settings, choose the Control Panel option.
- Select Customize Controls.
- Find the Screen Recorder option and click on the + button to include the Screen Recorder. This will bring the Screen Recorder in Control Center options.
Step 2. To record YouTube videos, access the Control Center by scrolling down on the iPhone. Click the Record icon to open the Screen Recorder and start recording on YouTube.
Step 3. iPhone’s Screen Recorder will start the YouTube recording after 3 seconds you hit the Record icon. And you will see a red floating window at the top-left corner timer.
- Click on the Timer (red color floating window) to stop the YouTube recording.
- The Screen Recorder on iPhone only records the internal sound while capturing the YouTube screen. However, click the red timer icon to access Quick Settings and include microphone sound in the YouTube recording if needed.
- After ending the YouTube recording, the iPhone will save it to the Photos app automatically.
That’s how simple it is to record YouTube video on the iPhone using its built-in screen recorder. Once again, it is a simple application. So, the most you can do is to include microphone sound in the YouTube recording. The Photos app does give some options to edit the YouYube recording. But a better alternative to iPhone built-in screen recorder is the Eassiy APP (which allows you to screencast iPhone on Mac and record everything remotely).
Part 4: How to Record YouTube on Android
Android 10 or newer versions have a built-in screen recorder. You can access the Screen recorder and capture just about anything on the Android screen. The Android built-in screen recorder also allows you to record with or without sound. However, you will have to enable Screen Recorder via Settings to access the Screen Recorder from the Notification panel. On the older Android version (10 or older), you will need a third-party app like AZ Screen Recorder or something along that line. That said, let’s see how to record gameplay for YouTube on Android phones.
- Record YouTube without downloading any tool on Android.
- Include internal sound in the YouTube recording.
- You can include Microphone sound.
- You can also show touches in the screen recording.
How To Record YouTube Videos on PC or Mac Using Android Built-in Screen Recorder?
Step 1. Navigate to the Quick Settings menu on Android. And choose Screen Recorder.
Step 2. Choosing the Screen Recorder, you will see an option to customize the Settings on an Android phone. You can include microphone sound. Plus, you can include Show touches on screen if you want.
Step 3. Click on Start to start recording YouTube or anything on the Android screen. After a countdown of 3 seconds, Android will start recording the screen.
Step 4. Click on the Stop icon to save the recording automatically to the Photo gallery.
You can access the YouTube recording from the Gallery app. Of course, you will not find s many as options that are present in Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate.
Part 5: How to Screen Record YouTube Online
So far, we have covered how to record YouTube videos on Windows, Mac, iPhone, and Android. But there’s another way to record videos from YouTube. And that is via an online tool. The thing about online tools is they do not give many functions, but they get the job done. That said, let’s see how to record a YouTube video using an online tool like Apowersoft Online Screen Recorder.
Apowersoft Online Screen Recorder
Apowersoft Online Screen Recorder is a free YouTube recorder that comes with advanced functionality like Cloud Video Management and Webcam overlay. And while there are several online screen recorders out there, Apowersoft is free and comes with no hidden charges whatsoever. But that does not mean it is the way to go.
Apowersoft Online Screen Recorder is a substantial utility for recording YouTube videos. But it is not appropriate software if you are looking to edit recorded YouTube videos. For editing, you have to use Apowersoft's Video Editor, which is costly and complex. So, if you are looking for a professional YouTube recorder, it is better to use offline tools like Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate for efficient workflow.
- Simple and self-explanatory browser tool to record YouTube videos.
- Free and unlimited recordings with no watermarks.
- You can record webcams along with YouTube videos.
- Screen and sound synchronization; you can include both system and microphone sound in the YouTube recording.
- Cloud management; save the YouTube recorded videos directly to the cloud or download them to local storage.
How To Record YouTube Videos on PC or Mac Using Apowersoft Online Screen Recorder?
Step 1. Open any browser on the computer or phone. Go to the official Apowersoft Online Screen Recorder site. On the main page, click Start Recording.
Step 2. Customize the Settings. After initiating the Start Recording option, you will have to select the parameters that you prefer to include in the YouTube recording. For instance, Apowersoft Online Screen Recorder lets you include computer sound, webcam, screen, and microphone.
Step 3. Select the area that you want to record. You can choose Full screen to record the entire screen. A specific Window to record the YouTube window, or customize the recording area manually for YouTube recording.
Step 4. Click on Share to start the recording. Click on Pause to interrupt the YouTube recording. Click on Stop to save the YouTube recording to the local storage or cloud storage.
There you go! Apowersoft Online Screen Recorder lets you convert YouTube recordings into major file formats like MP4, MOV, and more. But that’s it. Beyond that, there are no features to edit the YouTube recording. Plus, the lack of an annotation tool makes it difficult to edit the video via any other video editor. A better alternative, as mentioned, is Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate to record YouTube videos easily and edit them as you record.
1. How can I record YouTube videos for free without error?
There will be errors while recording YouTube videos. You can try to avoid them by re-recording the footage, but that takes so much time. That is why; it is important to use an advanced program that includes editing options like Trim, cut, and other tools to manage your editing of the recordings later.
2. Is it illegal to screen-record YouTube videos?
No. As mentioned earlier in the introductory section, you can record YouTube videos for creative and educational purposes. Still, using the exact footage will present copyright issues. So, it is better to edit the recordings using an advanced YouTube recorder like Eassiy.
3. What is the best app I can use to record YouTube videos?
Need I say again, choose Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate. Eassiy has everything that a user expects from YouTube recording software. You can record the YouTube video in the desired way, i.e., full-screen, part-screen, or with a webcam. The editing options allow you to annotate the tool during live YouTube recordings. Plus, you can save the YouTube recording in any format. Or, even share them directly on YouTube or other social channels.
The article discusses how to record YouTube videos on all major operating systems. Needless to say, Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate should be the ultimate choice. Nothing against the built-in tools on Mac, iPhone, and Android. But they are intended for naive users. And they are suitable if you want to capture YouTube videos for personal use or do not need useful and advanced functions like scheduled recording and auto-stop that allows you to record PC screen activities without necessarily staying in front of your computer, real-time annotation to highlight important elements and lots more. Nevertheless, if you are in the market for a professional tool, Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate should be the ultimate choice to record YouTube or just about anything on the screen.