Updated on 2023-12-19
Learning how to screenshot a whole page on iPhone is a handy tip you should know as an iPhone user, given you do not have to take multiple screenshots of a single web page and struggle with arranging them in order. Yes, many iPhone users know how to take a typical screenshot, but they do not know how to screenshot the whole page on iPhone. But don’t worry; after reading this guide, you can take full page screenshots on your iPhone conveniently.
Moreover, you will also learn how to take a whole page screenshot on other apps like iMessage chats, social media feeds, or Slack DMs, given that you cannot take a full page screenshot on any other apps than Safari searches. Nevertheless, other ways exist to get that functionality and capture full page on other apps. Read on to find out how.
Part 1: How to Screenshot Whole Page on iPhone Without Third-Party Apps?
iPhone has native functions to capture full page screenshots of Safari webpages. So, you do not have to install any third-party application to screenshot a whole page on your iPhone. Plus, there are different ways to screenshot full page on iPhone.
Let’s briefly learn each method and discover how to use these methods to capture a whole page screenshot on iPhone.
Method 1: Screenshot Whole Page iPhone With Volume & Power Button
iPhone models with Face ID allow you to take a screenshot using the Volume and Power button. All you have to do is press the Volume Up and Power Button simultaneously to take a normal screenshot of the page. You can further click on the screenshot thumbnail that appears on the left lower corner of the screen to capture the full page screenshot. Nevertheless, there are limitations to using this function. For instance, you can only use this method to capture a whole page on Safari web pages. So you will have to use third-party applications to capture entire pages on other applications.
Here Are The Step-by-step Instructions On How To Screenshot A Whole Page On iPhone:
Step 1. Navigate to the Safari web page or the content you want to capture.
Step 2. Start by taking a normal screenshot on your iPhone. Press the Volume Up and Power Button to take a normal screenshot on the iPhone with Face ID.
Note: The steps to take a regular screenshot will differ if you use any other iPhone model. For instance,
- On the iPhone with Home Button, you must simultaneously press and release the Home button and Power button quickly to take a regular screenshot.
- On the iPhone models with the Top button, you must simultaneously press and release the Home button and Top button quickly to take a typical screenshot.
However, the steps to screenshot a whole page remain the same. So, follow along after taking a normal screenshot to capture a whole page on other iPhone models.
Step 3. As soon as you click the screenshot, you will see an image thumbnail on the lowest left corner of the iPhone screen. Click on it to Preview the screenshot instantly. Click on the full page option. You can see what’s captured via the scrolling window on the right pane of the screen.
Step 4. Use the editing tools to draw or doodle on your full page screenshot. You can also crop the whole page screenshot using the square button (with elongated sides) next to Done.
- Once you have edited the screenshot, click on Done.
- On the pop-up menu, click on Save PDF to Files.
- And choose the desired location to save the full page screenshot.
That’s how to screenshot a whole page on iPhone. There is nothing complex or troublesome. However, there are some limitations to this method. For instance, you cannot screenshot a full page on only some applications like Safari web pages. The native function does not allow you to capture a whole page on iMessages, social media platforms, or any other apps, for that matter.
And in case you want to screenshot a whole page on any other applications on the iPhone, you will have to use third-party applications. For your convenience, we have listed one such application and have also shown how to use it. Nevertheless, let’s first learn another way to capture a full page screenshot on iPhone.
Method 2: Screenshot Whole Page iPhone With AssistiveTouch
AssistiveTouch allows users to interact with their iPhones if they have problems with the touch or buttons. And while you can use AssistiveTouch to do just about anything, like adjusting volume, locking the screen, restarting the device, or replacing pressing buttons with just a tap, you can also use this function to take a full page screenshot on your iPhone.
Here’s How to Turn On AssitiveTouch and Take a Screenshot of a Whole Page on iPhone:
However, you have to Turn On the AssistiveTouch function before you can use it and screenshot a whole page of the iPhone. There are multiple ways to Turn On AssistiveTouch on iPhones. For instance,
1. You can navigate to Settings. Choose Accessibility.
2. Under the Accessibility options, navigate to the Physical and Motor menu and choose the Touch option.
3. Under the Touch menu options, Turn On the toggle assigned to AssistiveTouch.
Now that you have enabled the AssistiveTouch on the iPhone, you also have to customize the options to take a full page screenshot on iPhone.
So, click on Customize Top Level Menu options. Under the menu options, click on the + icon and select Screenshots. Once you select Screenshot from the list, the Screenshot option will appear in the AssitiveTouch options.
Now that you have learned how to Turn On AssitiveTouch and Include the Screenshot option within the AssitiveTouch menu. Let’s learn how to screenshot a whole page on iPhone using AssitiveTouch.
Take a full page Screenshot on iPhone:
Step 1. Use the AssitiveTouch command to take a normal screenshot on the iPhone. (You have to set up the command via the AssistiveTouch button itself, like the back tap).
Step 2. Click on the screenshot thumbnail from the low end of the left corner of your iPhone screen to access the image Preview options. Under the Preview menu, click on full page .
Step 3. Once again, you can edit the full page screenshot using the drawing tools. And click on Done to save it to iCloud or your local storage.
Part 2: How to Screenshot Whole Page on iPhone With Apps?
There are many full page screenshot apps for iPhone. However, the one that will suit every user is Tailor. Yes, given its freemium nature, you can use Tailor for free with ads and take as many full page screenshots as you want, or you can pay a small one-time fee (US$ 2.99) to get rid of all the apps once and for all.
Nevertheless, Tailor’s functionality works differently than the native Apple functions. For instance, there is no easy option to grab the full page screenshot using a click of a button. Instead, you have to take multiple normal screenshots of any app, and Tailor will stitch them together seamlessly on its own.
But don’t worry; even if something is overlapping, Tailor will intuitively identify the similarities and stitch the photo without redundancy. Moreover, you do not have to take multiple screenshots in order, and it will locate the overlaps from a group of pictures and still stitch them orderly in a single snap. Ensure that you are using enough overlaps while taking single snaps so that Tailor can identify them intuitively.
- Use Tailor on any application, not just Safari web pages, and conveniently screenshot entire conversations, how-to’s, long-form articles, listicles, and recipes.
- Supports Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, websites, Twitter, and more.
- Tailor’s engine is quite fast, so you do not have to wait for a long time to adjoin normal screenshots and create full page screenshots on your iPhone.
- Intuitively removes the similarities and arranges the images in an orderly fashion, without any redundancies or room for error.
- Tailor automatically identifies the recent screenshots, so you do not even have to select the captured screenshots.
How to Use Tailor to Take a Full Page Screenshot on iPhone:
Step 1. Download and Install Tailor - Screenshot Stitching app from the App Store.
Open the application and allow it to access the contents of the Photos app on your iPhone. (As far as your privacy is concerned, you do not have to worry about anything, given Tailor processes the images on your devices, so nothing leaves your iPhone).
Step 2. Open any application or content that you want to capture in full.
- Take multiple normal screenshots. As mentioned earlier, you have to simultaneously press and release the Volume Up and Power button to take a normal screenshots on iPhone.
- However, ensure there is a overlap on all the screenshots. Overlap is critical, given Tailor will identify the overlaps and find similarities. Of course, there will be no redundancies in the final image.
Step 3. After taking the desired screenshots of the entire content that you want to merge as a whole, head over to the Tailor app. The app will automatically identify the recent screenshots and process them and combine the screenshots in a single image without any redundancies.
Once Tailor processes the image, you will see a Share icon on the iPhone screen. Click on the Share icon to send the image to someone else.
There you go! That’s how to use Tailor to stitch multiple screenshots into one and take whole page screenshots on iPhone conveniently.
Pros of Using Third-party apps to Screenshot Whole Page on iPhone:
- Tailor is simple to use. All you have to do is install the application and take a bunch of screenshots with overlap.
- Tailor is freemium. Even as a free user, you can combine screenshots any number of times.
- The processing is pretty quick, ensuring you do not have to wait for long to get a full page screenshot of the content.
- Share button makes it easier to send the full page screenshot to someone without wasting any time.
Cons of Using Third-Party apps:
- Tailor is intuitive enough to identify overlaps, but sometimes it messes up the full page view. And you have to repeat the entire process again.
- You have to pay a one-time fee to remove the annoying ads.
- Flashy requests about Tipping and supporting the application.
- There are no editing or annotation tools to draw or doodle instructions or highlight essential points on the full page screenshot.
Part 3: How Screenshot Whole Page on Computer?
While the native functionality on iPhone is in itself excellent for taking full page screenshots on iPhone, there are native functions to take a full page screenshot on the computer. But like you have to use Tailor to take a whole page screenshot on iPhone (to capture a full page on other screens like YouTube or WhatsApp), you can use a third-party app to screenshot a whole page on the computer. And one excellent tool for the job is Eassiy Screen Recorder.
Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate
Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate is essentially a screen recording app for Windows. However, it also includes advanced screenshot options, like snapping a scrolling screenshot or panoramic screenshot on a Windows computer. You will also find annotation tools within Eassiy to draw, doodle, and scribble on the captured full page screenshot.
Moreover, you can also share the screenshot using the social share buttons. And given that Eassiy supports many social channels, you can share the whole page screenshot directly to any desired social channel like Facebook, Instagram, or WhatsApp. Of course, you can always use the Copy/Paste functionality to share the full page screenshot quickly in the old way.
Using Eassiy is simpler than using the native functions on iPhone. The interface is sleek and self-explanatory. This means you can install the Eassiy tool on the computer and start taking the screenshot in the desired manner without any learning curve. Additionally, you can set up custom keyboard shortcuts and use them from any screen to take a screenshot and do not even opening Eassiy.
That said, it is also essential to retain that Eassiy allows you to record the computer screen. So, the benefit of using Eassiy is you can also use it to record the screen in the desired way. You will find multiple screen recording options, like full-screen, partial-screen, or window-specific recording.
- Multiple screenshot modes: capture long-form scrolling and endless screenshots. Custom-size screenshots or full page screenshots.
- Annotate the screenshots: use highlighter, market, text editor, colors, font styles, stamps, arrows, and many other drawing tools to deliver instructions via the screenshot or simply draw, doodle, or scribble on the screenshot.
- Save the full page screenshot in any format, including .jpg , .jpeg , .jfif , .pjpeg , .pjp.
- Share the whole page screenshot on social channels like Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, and more.
- Create custom hotkeys to take whole page screenshots: Access them later via the Recording History menu in the Eassiy program.
- Self-explanatory user interface.
Besides these screenshot features, you can also use Eassiy to record the computer or iPhone screen in high-definition. The drawing tools are also accessible when recording the screen, which means you can annotate the live recordings using a pencil, highlighter, arrows, or text. Not only this, Eassiy Screen Recorder comes with advanced recording options like Follow Mouse Recorder and Around Mouse Recorder.
How to Screenshot a Whole Page on the Computer with Sound with Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate?
Step 1. Firstly, Download and Install the Eassiy Screen Recorder on your computer. Start the Eassiy screen recorder program
Step 2. Move the cursor to the top bar of the software interface and click on the three-bar icon. Click on ‘Preferences‘ and select the interface, mouse tracking, hotkeys, and output format of the snapshot from the popup that appears.
Click on OK at the bottom left side of the screen to save the settings.
Step 3. Now, navigate back to the homepage and click ‘Ctrl+Alt+C'.Then use your mouse wheel or click Space Bar on your keyboard to take a screenshot of the whole page.
Step 4. You can also use the toolbar to annotate the screenshot or to highlight important elements in the screenshot. After that, Save the screenshot to a preferred location on your PC storage.
The native full page screenshot function on iPhone is valuable and pretty handy when you want to grab something important from the Safari web pages. Too bad, it works only for Safari web pages. So, you cannot use it to screenshot iMessages chats or Twitter threads. At the same time, tools like Tailor can help you do so, but it does not include any annotation tools, and you cannot install anything essential and convey your message clearly. Still, it is a viable solution and should be enough to take whole page screenshots on iPhone for many of you.
However, suppose you are a professional and are looking for an ultimate tool to take full page screenshots on the computer with annotation options. In that case, Eassiy Screen Recorder is the app for you. You can also use Eassiy to record the screen, annotate during live recordings, and share the recordings on social channels.