A regular screenshot on the iPhone only allows you to capture the screen’s contents. But what if you have to catch an entire article or a long-form blog in a single image? Well, you can take a scrolling screenshot on your iPhone to capture content that is not visible on the screen. What’s substantial is there are multiple ways to take a scrolling screenshot on iPhone. And this guide, we will mention all the ways to capture full page screenshots on iPhone.
Scroll down to discover the step-by-step instructions for taking a scrolling screenshot on your iPhone. In addition, you will learn how to take a scrolling screenshot on the computer. But first, let’s learn more about a scrolling screenshot.
Part 1: What is A Scrolling Screenshot?
A scrolling screenshot is a long-form screenshot that allows you to scroll on the screen and capture content that is beyond the visible frame. For instance, if you want to capture a long article or document, you can scroll vertically or horizontally and take a single snap of the article or document.
A scrolling screenshot is valuable in many ways. For one, you can take only one snap and arrange everything before you can share it with others. A scrolling screenshot also saves your and your reader’s time, given you do not have to sort multiple snaps in order to understand the delivered copy.
Part 2: How to A Take Scrolling Screenshot on iPhone
While you do not have to scroll, there are multiple ways to take a full-page or scrolling screenshot on an iPhone. Here are some ways to take a scrolling screenshot on iPhone:
Method 1: Take Scrolling Screenshot on iPhone With Volume Up + Power Button
The simplest toggles for taking a scrolling screenshot on iPhone are the Volume Up and Side buttons. You might be wondering if these toggles allow you to take a normal screenshot on the iPhone. But that’s exactly what you have to do to take a scrolling screenshot on an iPhone. As mentioned, you do not have to scroll on the iPhone; instead, you can turn a normal screenshot into a full-page screenshot with a single click. However, iPhone only allows you to do this, i.e., turn a normal screenshot into a scrolling screenshot, when taking a regular screenshot on the iPhone.
Additionally, scrolling screenshot on iPhone is possible only for Safari web pages. That is to say, the scrolling screenshot iPhone function is limited to the Safari app only. When it comes to capturing scrolling screenshots on other apps, you will have to use third-party applications.
Here’s how to take a scrolling screenshot on iPhone via the Volume Up + Power button:
Step 1. Take a Normal Screenshot on iPhone.
- Head over to the Safari web page or full-page content you want to capture.
- Press and release the Volume Up + Power button at the same time.
Step 2. Take a scrolling screenshot on your iPhone.
- Pressing and releasing the Volume Up + Power button will take a normal screenshot on the iPhone. And you will see a screenshot thumbnail on the lowest left corner of the screen.
- When you click on the thumbnail, you will see two options on the Preview screen, i.e., Screen and Full Page. Click on Full Page to turn the normal screenshot into a scrolling screenshot. You can highlight the section that you want from the screenshot.
Step 3. Edit the Scrolling Screenshot.
- Use the pen tools or highlighter to draw and doodle on the screenshot.
- You can also crop the scrolling screenshot by using the elongated square button next to the Done option.
- Click on Done to save the screenshot.
- Or, use the share button to send the scrolling screenshot on your iPhone to someone else.
That’s how you capture a scrolling screenshot on an iPhone. But there are also other ways of taking a scrolling screenshot on an iPhone.
Method 2: Screenshot Scrolling iPhone with Screen Recording
As hinted, one of the substantial problems with scrolling screenshots on iPhone is you cannot take scrolling screenshots on apps like iMessage, WhatsApp, Twitter, or any other application other than Safari. Nevertheless, instead of taking a still picture of the screen, you can record a video and still share the video with others.
And even for this function, you do not have to install any third-party application, given the iPhone includes a built-in Screen Recording tool. Besides recording the video of the screen, you can also include internal and external sound. However, the Screen Recording function is hidden by default, and you have to customize the Control Center menu from Settings to access the option.
Here’s How to Record the iPhone Screen and Capture Screen:
Step 1. Open Settings on the iPhone.
- Access the Control Center option from the third group.
- On the next screen, ensure to turn on the toggle assigned to the “Access within apps” option. (If you do not enable the option, you will not be able to record within apps). So, ensure to turn it on.
- Go to the More Controls sections.
- Click on the “+” section assigned to Screen Recording.
- Once you click on the “+” icon, the Screen Recording option will be added to the Included Controls group.
Step 2. Take a Scrolling Screenshot on the iPhone.
- Scroll down from the screen's upper-right corner to access the Control Center menu.
- Single-tap on the Record icon to start the countdown for screen recording. The default setting for the countdown timer is 3 seconds, i.e., the screen recording will start after the countdown.
Note: The single tap on the Record icon will initiate the screen recording. At the same time, a long press on the Record icon will allow you to include the Microphone sound. Click on the Mic icon on the screen (it turns red if it is On). And click on Start Recording to capture the scrolling screenshot with voiceover.
So, if you want to have both internal and microphone sound, long press the Record icon instead of tapping it once.
Step 3. End the Scrolling screen recording.
- Go through the content you want to include in the screen recording.
- You will see a red timer button on the top-left corner of the screen.
- Click on the Red timer to pause or stop the scrolling screen recording.
- Select the Stop option to confirm and end the screen recording.
That’s how to record a scrolling screenshot on your iPhone. Once you end, the screen recording will be saved to the Photos app once you end it. You can also edit the recorded scrolling video using the editing tools accessible in the Photos app.
There are several benefits of recording the screen instead of taking still pictures. For instance, you can capture any app content, unlike the native scrolling screenshot on iPhone, which only allows you to take scrolling screenshots on the Safari web pages.
Moreover, you can also use the screen recording to explain or narrate with your voice along with the screenshot. Needless to say, the output format will be video, which means it will take up space on your iPhone. And it is troublesome to share a video.
Method 3: Take Scrolling Screenshot iPhone With AssistiveTouch
AssistiveTouch is a valuable option for iPhone users that allows them to perform complex tasks on iPhone with a single tap or gesture. Usually, AssistiveTouch is opted for when the Touchpad or buttons stop working on the iPhone. However, you can turn it On and perform complex tasks even on a working iPhone.
Needless to say, you can also use AssistiveTouch to take a scrolling screenshot on your iPhone. But, as indicated, the AssistiveTouch option is disabled by default. You will also have to customize the menu options and include the Screenshot option. Once you do that, however, you can take a scrolling screenshot on your iPhone with a single tap.
Here’s How To Use AssistiveTouch Option To Take a Long Screenshot on iPhone:
Step 1. Turn On AssistiveTouch on the iPhone.
You can access the AssistiveTouch option in multiple ways. For instance, you can turn on the AssistiveTouch option via Siri. However, by default, AssistiveTouch does not include the Screenshot option. So, you have to turn it On manually. Additionally, you have to customize the top menu options to take a scrolling screenshot using AssistiveTouch on your iPhone. Here’s how to turn it On manually:
- Open Settings.
- Withing the Settings menu, find Accessibility. On the next page, click on Touch.
- And Turn the toggle assigned to AssistiveTouch to turn it On.
As soon as you enable AssistiveTouch, you will see a new option, “Customize Top Level Menu,” on the same page. Click on the option. And from the list of options on the pop-up page, click on Screenshot. This will add the Screenshot option to the AssistiveTouch menu. Additionally, you can create a dedicated gesture for taking a screenshot without even accessing AssistiveTouch, like a single back tap on the Apple logo and so on.
Step 2. Take a Scrolling Screenshot on iPhone using AssistiveTouch.
- Open the Safari web page that you want to capture in full.
- Use the gesture to take a normal screenshot.
- Click on the thumbnail appearing in the lowest left corner of the iPhone screen.
- Under the Preview menu, click on Full Page to convert the normal screenshot into a scrolling screenshot.
Use the editing tools accessible on the Preview page to edit the scrolling screenshot. You can also crop the scrolling screenshot. After editing, click on Done to save the scrolling screenshots to the local storage. Or you can share the scrolling screenshot using the social sharing options.
There you go: that’s all the methods to take a scrolling screenshot on iPhone using the built-in functions on your iPhone. Once again, you can only use the first, i.e., Volume Up + Power button and the third option, i.e., AssistiveTouch, will only allow you to take a scrolling screenshot on Safari web pages. You will have to use third-party tools to capture a scrolling screenshot on iMessage, WhatsApp, or other applications on your iPhone.
Part 3: Bonus - Best Way to Screenshot Scrolling on Computer
Although iPhone has a built-in function to take a scrolling screenshot, there is no such option to take a long screenshot on the computer. So, as a bonus, we are showing how to take a scrolling screenshot on the computer. Needless to say, you must use a third-party tool like Eassiy to capture a panoramic or scrolling screenshot on the computer. Here’s what you have to know about our program:
Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate
Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate, as the name indicates, is essentially a screen recorder for Windows, iPhone, and Android users. However, it also includes the dedicated option to take an advanced screenshot on the computer. For instance, you can click on the Screenshot option and take a scrolling or panoramic screenshot on the computer. But you do not have to open the Eassiy program whenever you want to take a screenshot. Instead, you can create personalized keyboard shortcuts and use the hotkey to take a scrolling screenshot without interrupting any function on the screenshot.
What’s substantial is that Eassiy also lets you draw or scribble on the screenshot in real time and gives you the option to share it instantly on social platforms. You can also save the scrolling screenshot on the computer in any format.
However, it is essential to retain that a scrolling screenshot is only a single function of Eassiy has to offer. As hinted, Eassiy is a screen recorder and allows you to record the computer, Android, or iPhone screen seamlessly in high-definition. You can customize the recording and record a specific window or the entire screen. Plus, there are advanced audio management systems, drawing tools, and video editing tools.
- Advanced Screenshot option: capture panoramic or scrolling screenshots using a keyboard shortcut. Take a window-specific screenshot, capture chat messages, a webpage, and so on.
- Record the screen flexibly. Record the entire windows screen, and customize the recording area or a specific window.
- Record iPhone or Android. Mirror your iPhone or Android phone and record via computer.
- You can manage internal and computer audio levels. Plus, limit background noises and enhance microphone sound. Use a dedicated audio recorder to capture only audio.
- Webcam overlays while recording the screen, and you can choose different shapes like circular, rectangular, and more for the overlay.
- Advanced recording options, like Task Scheduler and Auto-Stop Recordings.
- Real-time annotation. Draw, scribble, and doodle on the screenshots and screen recordings using arrows, shapes, pen, highlighters, and text editor.
- You can include watermarks or logos in your screen recordings and make your videos and screenshots suitable for a professional environment.
- Share the scrolling screenshots on YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and more social channels.
- Eassiy includes advanced recording options like Follow Mouse Recorder (to record a selected area with mouse movements), Around Mouse, and so on.
How to take a scrolling screenshot using the Eassiy Screen Recorder?
Step 1. Download and Install the Eassiy program on your computer. Open the Eassiy Screen Recorder.
Step 2. Turn on Scrolling Window.
Click on the three horizontal bars on the main screen, and from the drop-down menu, choose Preferences.
Navigate to the Hotkeys menu from the left pane, and customize the hotkeys for taking a scrolling screenshot. By default, the keyboard shortcut for taking a scrolling screenshot is Ctrl+Alt+C. You can either use this or create your own personalized hotkey.
After setting the hotkey, use the personalized hotkey to take a scrolling screenshot whenever you want on the Eassiy program.
There you go! That’s one method to take a scrolling window screenshot on the computer using Eassiy. Yes, there’s another way to take a scrolling screenshot on the computer. And that is when you want to take a scrolling screenshot during live recording or manually. To take a manual scrolling screenshot or during live recording, follow these simple steps:
Step 1. Open the Eassiy program. And choose Video Recorder. You can also use other recording options.
Step 2. Click on the Camera icon during live recording or from the menu options to access the Scrolling Window option.
Once the screenshot option initiates, use the mouse wheel or space bar to select the desired area in the scrolling screenshot. To capture a scrolling screenshot, release the mouse button.
That’s how to use Eassiy to take a scrolling screenshot on the computer. As evident from the interface, there are other dedicated options within the Eassiy program to create online tutorials, video lessons, or business presentations.
Hot FAQs on How to Take Scrolling Screenshots on iPhone
1. How Do I Take Screenshots of the Whole Page Without Scrolling?
After taking a regular screenshot, you can click on the thumbnail on the iPhone screen's lowest left corner. Once you access the Preview function, you can click on Full Page to turn the normal screenshot into a scrolling screenshot.
2. How do you take Screenshots of Multiple Pages on an iPhone?
You can follow one of the three methods discussed above to take screenshots of multiple pages on your iPhone in a single snap. Retain that the Volume Up + Power button and AssistiveTouch will not work on any app other than the Safari web page. So, you will have to use the Screen Recording function to capture long screenshots, or record, other applications.
iPhone does have default functions to take a scrolling screenshot. However, there are many limitations, like you can only capture a full page screenshot on Safari web pages. The Screen Recording function does allow you to take scrolling screenshots on other apps like iMessage, WhatsApp, Instagram, and more. However, you can record those apps using the Screen Recording function, as shown in Method 2.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a scrolling screenshot tool for the computer, Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate is the app for you. Using Eassiy, you can take scrolling screenshots. Plus, use its screen recording function to create online tutorials, business presentations, video lessons, gameplays, and so on.