Updated on 2024-01-06
With every release, iPhones are becoming fast, reliable, and robust, so much so that you can create online lectures, prepare business presentations, review apps and products, or record gameplays seamlessly right on your iPhone.
If you are unaware, iPhone, in itself, comes with a built-in Screen Recorder. But as you will discover, the native Screen Recorder on iPhone has many limitations. And for that reason, it is best to look for third-party Screen Recorders for iPhone, i.e., alternatives that allow you to do much more than record the screen. And this guide will inform you about 7 best Screen Recorders for iPhone use cases. You will also learn how to use the native iPhone Screen Recorder and how to use a third-party Screen Recorder on iPhone.
Part 1: What is A iPhone Screen Recorder App?
An iPhone Screen Recorder app allows you to screencast (record video of the activities on your iPhone screen) with or without sound.
All iPhones with iOS 11 or later versions have a built-in Screen Recording function that allows you to record video of your screen with both internal or microphone sound (you can choose to include both sounds, one, or record without sound).
However, the built-in Screen Recorder on iPhone does not include advanced options like real-time annotation, an audio management system, or any necessary editing tools. So, it is best to review even third-party applications, given they do the same job but come with advanced functionalities necessary to create professional-looking online tutorials, product demonstrations, video lectures, or gameplays.
That said, here’s a list of the seven best iPhone screen recorders in 2024.
Part 2: What Are The 7 Best iPhone Screen Recorder 2024
1. Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate - Best Choice
Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate brings powerful recording technology to your iPhone. Unlike many other screen recorders for iPhone, eassiy screen recorder allows you to screencast the iPhone via the computer. This means you can mirror your iPhone screen and record it using the computer tool. There are several benefits to recording the iPhone screen via screen mirroring. For instance, the recordings will be saved on the computer. Plus, you can record the iPhone in 4K quality.
But there’s more to eassiy screen recorder. Its advanced audio management system allows you to mix sound channels during live recording to ensure precise and smooth audio throughout the screen recording. And then there are the live annotation tools, like pen, highlighter, text, airbrush, and more, to draw, scribble, or doodle on your iPhone screen recordings in real time.
Once recorded, your iPhone screen recordings will be saved in the Eassiy program on the computer. You can access the iPhone Screen Recordings and use editing tools to fine-tune your videos to make them suitable for a professional purpose.
Key Features of eassiy screen recorder:
- Record your iPhone screen high-definition (up to 4K) via Screen Mirroring.
- Eassiy allows you to include both iPhone internal sound and microphone sound (via iPhone or Computer microphone) for voiceover.
- The advanced audio management system allows you to manage sound levels during live recording.
- Limit background interferences and enhance microphone sound for clear and smooth audio.
- Real-time annotation tools like pen, highlighter, airbrush, paint tools, arrows, and text editor. These are useful when creating online tutorials or business presentations.
- Incorporate stamps, logos, or watermarks in your iPhone Screen Recordings.
- Create hotkeys and manage the iPhone Screen Recording using a keyboard shortcut.
Why should I use eassiy screen recorder to Screen Record iPhone?
- A full-featured video editing suite to trim, cut, clean audio, compress, merge, convert, and professionally curate your videos.
- Upload your curated videos to social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, YouTube, Vimeo, and more.
- Save the iPhone screen recordings in any format.
- A clean and self-explanatory user interface allows both hobbyists and professionals to work alike.
Things to Consider:
- The free version of eassiy screen recorder only allows you to record the iPhone screen for up to 3 minutes. And you have to purchase a premium subscription to record long clips.
2. DU Recorder - Screen Recorder
DU Recorder has everything one needs to create and edit screen recordings on your iPhone. For starters, you can use DU Recorder to screencast screen in high-quality and have the option to include both internal and microphone sound in your recording. But not only this, but you can also live stream the iPhone screen on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and many other platforms. Plus, you can manage the access, i.e., who can view the live streams, Public, Followers, a group, or keep it private.
There are also options, including live watermarks, themes, and access to change the live stream Settings in real-time. However, fundamental video editing tools are accessible during post-production. So, while you cannot do much while recording the video, once registered, you can use video editing tools to create your normal-looking videos into professionally-curated clips.
Additionally, DU Recorder presents a simple interface, meaning that users of any skill level can download and use the application without going through a learning curve. All in all, DU Recorder is suitable for iPhone users running iOS 11 or later versions and does not mind paying a premium of US$ 59.99.
Key Features of DU Recorder:
- Screencast your iPhone screen in high-definition.
- Include both system and microphone sound in your screen recordings.
- Live stream seamlessly with Public, Unlisted, or Private groups on Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, and other social channels.
- Real-time editing tools to include watermarks, live themes or customizing the recording settings.
Why should I use DU Recorder - Screen Recorder on iPhone?
- DU Recorder supports RTMP addresses.
- Du Recorder comes with a full video-editing suite and allows you to trim, cut, split, merge, or change the speed of the screen recording on your iPhone itself.
- Filters and live themes let you give a professional look to your videos.
- You can record reaction video by using the Facecam features (capture rearview camera) in the screen recording.
- DU Recorder is a self-explanatory tool.
Things to Consider:
- Your recordings will take up a lot of internal space on the iPhone.
- Multiple paywalls. Subscribing for US$ 59.99 will only give you access to some features. And you will have to pay for in-app purchases to use certain features.
- DU Recorder is suitable for recording gameplay on your iOS. So, using tools like eassiy screen recorder is best if you want to record tutorials or online lectures.
3. TechSmith Capture
Techsmith Capture, or the iOS Screen Recorder, is a downloadable resource for iPhone. You can use this to record the iPhone screen like the built-in Screen Recorder for iPhone. Still, there are other benefits, like you can include webcam footage in your iPhone Screen Recordings along with the internal and microphone sound. Another advantage of TechSmith Capture is that you can save the iPhone Screen Recordings directly to the cloud to save space.
Beyond this, there is nothing that TechSmith Capture offers in the iPhone app. However, given you upload the recorded videos to the cloud storage, you can access them and edit them via the computer program. The iPhone app from TechSmith Capture is free; however, you must pay to use the computer program. If you want to curate the iPhone Screen Recordings professionally, the computer program is a must. It is the computer program of TechSmith Capture that includes annotation and video editing tools.
TechSmith Capture is a practical application, even with a high-priced subscription, given it includes everything to create awesome-looking online tutorials, business presentations, or explainer videos.
Key Features of TechSmith iOS Screen Recorder:
- Record the iPhone screen with internal sound, external sound, and webcam footage.
- Save the iPhone Screen Recordings to the cloud as well as the local storage (optional).
- Quickly transfer the videos to Camtasia and Snagit via a Wifi connection.
- Save the output video in .mp4 format.
Why should I use TechSmith Capture on iPhone?
- Use the prebuilt templates in Camtasia and Snagit to turn your normal-looking videos into professionally-curated clips.
- Premade and customizable animations to decorate your videos and explain your message clearly.
- Use royalty-free audio effects and music to keep your audience captivated. Use audio editing tools to curate your voiceovers.
- A simple and intuitive interface makes it simple to use the tool and create online tutorials and business presentations seamlessly.
Things to Consider:
- Although TechSmith Capture is accessible on iPhone, you must pay to use cloud storage.
- You have to purchase the premium subscription even to use Camtasia or Snagit.
4. Record It
Record It is another professional screen recorder for iPhone users. Its functionality is similar to the TechSmith Capture. However, Record It is made for freelancers or YouTube creators. For instance, its Face Cam allows you to set themes according to the videos and is more suitable when recording reaction videos, commentary, or criticizing something. Of course, you can also use the Screen Recorder on iPhone with Face Cam while creating online tutorials or giving app demonstrations. You can also import your videos from Camera Roll and create reaction videos using them.
And then there are video-editing tools. Unlike TechSmith Capture or eassiy screen recorder, you do not have to edit the videos on your computer. Instead, you can use the trim, change speed, change canvas, and background color on your iPhone device. Additionally, Record It is a premium tool. For instance, you can record the iPhone screen for free. However, you will have to buy the membership if you want to use advanced tools like Face Cam, Commentary, or its video editing suite.
Key Features of Record It:
- Capture the iPhone Screen in high-quality with Face Cam.
- Include both microphone and internal sound in your recordings.
- Edit the iPhone Screen Recordings on your iPhone using the trim, cut, speed changer, and other options.
- Change the Canvas and background of your iPhone Screen Recordings.
Why should I use Record It on iPhone?
- Import your videos from Camera Roll and use the Face Cam feature to comment on prerecorded videos.
- Open YouTube videos and use the Commentary feature to criticize or make reaction videos.
- Personalize your reaction videos by customizing the built-in layouts and templates.
- Record it is straightforward to use, so if all you are looking for is a reaction video maker, this is the app for you.
Things to Consider:
- Record It saves the iPhone Screen Recordings on your computer so that the videos will consume space.
- The social sharing option is limited to YouTube.
- You must purchase the subscription to use premium features like Face Cam, Commentary, or video editing suite.
5. Reaction Cam
Reaction Cam, as the name indicates, is a screen recorder for creating vlogs or reaction videos. Although it includes all the necessary functions to create online tutorials, business presentations, or gameplays, it is more suitable if you are a reaction-maker. That is to say, Reaction Cam allows you to capture both the iPhone screen and face cam simultaneously. You can also include both system and microphone sound in the recording.
Coming to the editing functions, Reaction Cam does not offer many editing tools. Still, you can trim, auto-split, and change the filters and background of your video. Reaction Cam is easy-to-use, so regardless of whether you are a beginner or an expert at using screen recording tools, you will like what Reaction Cam has to offer.
The biggest downside of Reaction Cam is its monthly or annual subscription prices. For instance, Reaction Cam’s annual subscription costs US$ 59.99, which is more than the annual license cost of eassiy screen recorder. Comparing these two tools side by side, eassiy screen recorder will seem more cost-effective and feature-rich. The significant difference is, however, Eassiy lets you record via the computer, whereas it offers all its functionality within the iPhone environment.
Key Features of Reaction Cam:
- Record the iPhone Screen in high resolution with Face Cam.
- Reaction Cam allows you to include a microphone and internal sound in your screen recordings.
- The built-in video editor allows you to edit your iPhone Screen Recordings using the trim, cut, speed changer, and other options.
- You can change the Canvas and background of your iPhone Screen Recordings and make them look professional.
Why should I use Reaction Cam on iPhone?
- You can customize the audio levels during live recording.
- Share your videos directly on social channels like YouTube or Facebook.
- Organize your videos and manage them within the Reaction Cam’s library.
- Reaction Cam is straightforward to use and is suitable for beginners.
- You can access the YouTube or videos from other websites using the built-in search engine.
Things to Consider:
- You will have to pay US$ 59.99 yearly to access most of the features in Reaction Cam. eassiy screen recorder offers more features and charges way less.
- All the screen recordings will be saved to the iPhone. So, it is suitable if you are okay with the space occupied by the recorded videos.
- The video editing features are elementary. For instance, there is no option to include watermarks or logos in the videos.
6. Screen Recorder - Livestream
Screen Recorder - Livestream is, precisely, what it sounds like, an app made for live streaming via your iPhone. Nevertheless, it also includes screen recording features and definitely deserves a spot in this list of best Screen Recorders for iPhone. You can use it to record the iPhone screen individually or with a Face Cam. And it sounds ridiculous, but it also comes with some exclusive mini-games; of course, you can use the Face Cam while playing them.
The video editing suite is another extraordinary thing about Screen Recorder - Livestream, given it allows you to curate your normal-looking videos and make them seem like a professional one. Yes, it does include everything you need to edit the videos, like a trim tool, primary video effects, filters, and templates.
But the essential feature of Screen Recorder - Livestream is accessible in the Go Live menu. It allows you to stream on multiple platforms, including Twitch, YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook. Or Livestream on a single platform. Needless to say, most of the features in the Screen Recorder - Livestream are hidden behind a paywall. Still, the good thing is that its pricing is reasonable, and you can even use the same license and its Mac version.
Key Features of Screen Recorder - Livestream:
- You can record the iPhone screen individually or include Face Cam footage.
- Screen Recorder - Livestream allows you to include both internal and microphone sound in iPhone recordings.
- A complete video editing suite with all the basic editing features, like cut, trim, merge, filters, effects, and more.
- The Go Live feature is dedicated to stream. Besides live streaming on a single social platform, Screen Recorder - Livestream allows you to go live on multiple channels simultaneously.
Why should I use Screen Recorder - Livestream on iPhone?
- Screen Recorder - Livestream supports RTMP addresses.
- Although it presents several features, Screen Recorder - Livestream is very simple to use.
- You can use frames on your Face Cam while live streaming.
- Screen Recorder - Livestream is cost-effective, unlike DU Recorder or Reaction Cam; it's feature-rich and really affordable.
Things to Consider:
- It is suitable only for live streamers.
- The recorded videos are saved to the iPhone storage.
7. Web Recorder
Web Recorder is a simple application and is completely free. There is nothing really fancy that we can talk about. Put simply, if you are looking for a replacement of the built-in Screen Recorder on iPhone, then Web Recorder is the app for you. However, retain that Web Recorder only allows you to capture your browser on the iPhone. You can include external and internal sound while recording the screen. And that’s it.
However, there are benefits of using the Web Recorder. For instance, you can share the videos directly to social channels like Facebook, WhatsApp, or YouTube. Additionally, Web Recorder is completely free to use, it means you do not have to pay a single dime to use the application.
Key Features of Web Recorder:
- You can record the web browser.
- You can include the Face Cam in your iPhone Screen Recordings.
Why should I use Web Recorder on iPhone?
- Web Recorder is a straightforward application. You have only five options on the main interface. Once recorded, you will see the “Share” option.
- Web Recorder is completely free to use.
Things to Consider:
- It does not include any editing tools. Eventually, you have to save the video to the Photos app and use the built-in editing suite to remove unwanted parts.
Part 3: How to Screen Record iPhone For Free?
As mentioned, all the iPhones running iOS 11 or later versions come with a built-in Screen Recorder. Although hidden by default, you can customize the Settings, access this option right from your Control Center, and record your screen with or without sound. However, the best thing about the iPhone screen recorder is it is straightforward to use, so users of any skill level can use it seamlessly.
Nevertheless, iPhone Screen Recorder comes with its own set of limitations.
- First, the recordings are saved to the Photos app, which means they will occupy the internal storage.
- Plus, you cannot use the native function to create long screen recordings, given it stops automatically when recording the screen for more than 3-4 hours.
- At the same time, the built-in Screen Recorder does not allow you to capture the screen in high-definition like the eassiy screen recorder, TechSmith Capture, or DU Recorder.
- On top of that, the Photos app does not include advanced video editing tools to curate your screen recordings and make them suitable for professional use. For instance, you cannot have logos or watermarks on the recordings.
Here’s How to Get iPhone Screen Recorder and Use It to Record the Screen:
Step 1. Customize the Control Center Settings.
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone. In third group, click on the first option, i.e., Control Center.
- Swipe the toggle assigned to “Access within apps.” This option is crucial, given it allows you to record within the applications.
- Navigate to MORE CONTROLS menu.
- And click on the “+” icon assigned to Screen Recording.
- Once you select the option, you can view it under the INCLUDED CONTROLS menu.
Step 2. Record the iPhone Screen.
- Once you customize the Control Center, you can find the Record icon in the menu. To access it, simply swipe down from top-right corner of the screen.
- A single-tap on the Record icon will start the countdown timer. After 3 seconds, the screen recording will start.
At the same time, long-press on the Record icon will give you access to the Microphone option if you want to include external sound in the iPhone screen recording.
Step 3. Stop and Save the iPhone Screen Recording.
Once the iPhone screen recording starts, you will see a red timer on the top-left corner of the screen. Click on the Timer to stop the recording.
You can access the iPhone Screen Recording via the Photos app. However, it is important to note that the built-in screen recorder will not capture the screen in high-resolution. Additionally, you cannot record the iPhone for longer than 3-4 hours, as it stops automatically.
1. Where is Screen Recorder on iPhone?
By default, the screen recorder on iPhone is hidden. You have to customize the Control Center settings to access the option. Follow the steps shown above to access the Screen Recorder on iPhone via the Control Center. Once you customize the Settings, the Screen Recorder will sit on the Control Center, and you can access it anytime by swiping it down on the top-right corner of your iPhone screen.
2. How Can I Record iPhone Screen Without Occupying Storage?
You can use eassiy screen recorder to record the iPhone Screen without occupying storage.
Step 1. Run iOS Recorder
- Download and Install the Eassiy Screen Recorder on your computer.
- Open the program and choose Phone from the main interface.
Step 2. Mirror iOS Device to Your PC
- After selecting the device, ensure that both the devices have the same wifi network.
- Navigate to the iPhone screen and access the Control Panel. Click on the Screen Mirror option to share the iPhone screen with the computer.
Step 3. Record iPhone Screen.
Choose the recording resolution. Eassiy allows you to set the resolution up to 4K. You can also choose the sounds that you want to include in the recordings.
This is just an introduction of what Eassiy is capable of, you can do a lot more. For instance, you can create hotkeys and manage your iPhone Screen Recording via keyboard shortcuts. Plus, there are options to annotate your screen recording. After recording, you can access the recorded video via the Recording History and edit it using the editing tools available in the Eassiy program.
Recording the iPhone screen has become a necessity in the Web 2.0 space. There are several use cases of an iPhone Screen Recorder, from app demonstrations to creating business presentations. And that is why it is best to take some time and review your options before choosing a screen recorder. This list includes Screen Recorders for creating any type of video right on your iPhone. So, make your pick and choose one that best suits your needs.
If you are still trying to decide, then go with eassiy screen recorder. After all, there is a good reason for it to be first in this list of best Screen Recorders for iPhone. First, eassiy screen recorder records the iPhone screen via the computer and gives you advanced options like Audio Management, drawing, and editing tools. And the best thing, all your iPhone Screen Recordings are saved on the computer, so you do not have to worry about the precious space on your iPhone.